Android Tips And Tricks
How To Install Amazon Appstore On Android
Amazon Appstore APK | How To Install Amazon App Store APK On Your Device
Want to install Amazon Appstore APK on your Android phone or tablet? No problem! Learn to get Amazon Appstore on Android in a few simple steps and enjoy Amazon apps on your Android device.
Google Play is the biggest appstore out there and there is no doubt about that. Right? Amazon, however, is the biggest online retailer that offers tons of great deals & discounts.
Amazon Appstore for Android is the second biggest appstore just after Google Play and iTunes. What makes it special is the fact that you will find there lots of cool app deals & discounts you won’t find in Google Play.
Amazon Appstore is best known for its app collection called Amazon Underground (or Underground Apps). This is simply a huge pack of paid games & apps (together with their premium content) that is available free of charge for anyone who uses the Amazon Underground app.
The great news is that you can install Amazon Appstore on any Android device and take advantage of these cool deals and discounts. All you need to do is follow this three-step tutorial. Let’s begin!
#1: Install Amazon Appstore APK On Android: Download & Install Amazon Appstore APK
The first thing I did when I wanted to install Amazon Appstore on my Android phone was to search for “amazon” on Google Play. I found some apps like Amazon Shopping or Amazon Kindle but Amazon Appstore wasn’t there.
Fortunately, there are other places from which you can install APK files (this is the file format for Android apps) with apps and sideload them to your Android device.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to APKMirror to download the Amazon Appstore APK file. This website lets you download different versions of all the official and free Android apps in the form of APK files you can transfer and install on your device.
To be able to install Amazon apps on Android, you need to at first download and install the Amazon Appstore APK file.
- Connect your Android device to your computer with the USB cable and copy the downloaded file. You can also transfer this file in a different way e.g. via e-mail or cloud storage. It’s totally up to you how you choose to go about that.
- Make sure that your phone allows installation of apps from unknown sources (other than Google Play). Go to Settings > Lock screen and security and use the toggle button to allow Unknown sources. This may differ depending on the phone model and Android version. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1) it looks like this:
You need to allow installation from unknown sources to be able to the Amazon Appstore APK file.
- Use some file manger/explorer to open and install the Amazon Appstore APK file you copied to your phone. You can use File ES Explorer, for example. All you need to do is navigate to the file, click on it and follow installation instructions.
You need to ope the Amazon Appstore APK to install it on your device.
Once the installation is complete, you can open the Amazon Appstore on your Android phone and log in to your Amazon account (or create a new one).
When you have installed Amazon Appstore on your Android device, you can now open the app and log in with your Amazon account.
- You can now install Amazon apps on your Android phone just like you install them using Google Play. Isn’t that cool?
You can now install Amazon apps to your Android phone using the Amazon Appstore app.
From now on, Amazon Appstore will be the second/alternative appstore on your Android tablet or phone. You can now install new apps both from Google Play and Amazon. Make sure to compare prices in the case of paid apps.
#2: Install Amazon Underground Android App
Amazon Appstore is a different app from Amazon Underground which gives you access to hundreds of paid apps totally free of charge.
To be able to enjoy all of these apps for free, you need to install the separate Amazon Underground APK file or use the special link that Amazon gives to Android users.
Here is what you need to do step by step:
- Visit https://www.amazon.com/underground on your Android phone and download the Amazon Underground Android app directly to your phone. Alternatively, you can download the Amazon Underground APK from the APKMirror and install it manually using the method showed above.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen of your phone. When the download is complete, open the file and install Amazon Underground.
All you need to do is follow the above instructions to install Amazon Underground on your Android device.
- Open ES File Explorer or some other file manager, navigate to the file you have just copied and open it. Follow the installation instructions. On the screenshot below I used the default file manager on phone, i.e. File Commander.
Follow the installation instructions to get Amazon Underground on your Android device.
- You can now open the Amazon Underground app and start enjoying thousands of paid apps for free. Click on the three lines in the top left corner to open the left panel. Click on Underground Apps to start browsing the apps you can download for free.
With Amazon Underground you can install tens of free Amazon apps on your Android tablet or phone.
- All you need to do to install a new app is click on it, click on Get (and then Download) and follow the installation instructions.
Once you installed Amazon Underground on your Android device, you can now install Amazon apps.
#3: Enjoy Amazon Apps On Your Android Device
Congratulations. You have successfully installed the Amazon Appstore and Amazon Underground and you can now enjoy thousands of Amazon apps on your Android device.
Amazon claims that all of these apps they give you for free (plus their paid content) are worth $20,000. That sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn’t it?
If you find this tutorial helpful, please share it with your friends. Only you, my visitors, can help me grown and improve my website. Thank you.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave me your comments in the comment box below.