How to Install Apps on an Android Tablet from Computer
Google Play, which is present by default on every Android device, is without doubt the biggest repository of apps out there. You certainly cannot live without Google Play (or it would be extremely hard) if you have an Android phone or tablet
However, Google Play is not the only one app store out there and you might as well want to download and install apps from other websites, stores or through your PC. In this tutorial I will show you how to install apps on your Android tablet from PC. Let’s start!
Allow Installation of Application from Unknown Sources
The first thing you need to do if you want to manually install apps on your Android tablet is to allow installation of applications from both trusted and unknown sources.
By default most Android devices will not allow installation of apps other than from Google Play (to protect less advanced users from malicious software). Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Security and make sure that Unknown sources is ticked.
Once it’s ticked, your Android tablet will not block apps you want to manually install.
Copy Apps You Want to Install to Your Android Tablet
Once you allowed installation from unknown sources , it’s time to copy APKs to your Android tablet from your PC. Here is how you do it:
- Download the apps you want to manually install on your device from the appstore of your choice. Here are some of the best known alternative app stores that let you download APK files:SlideMEF-DroidMobogenieAPKMirror
- Once you downloaded the chosen apps to your computer it’s time to copy them to your Android device, so your next step is to plug in your Android tablet (using the USB cable) to your PC.
- When you computer recognizes your Android device, open it and create a folder where you will copy APKs. You can simply name it “APK” or leave it as “New folder”.
- Simply copy and paste the downloaded APK files to the desired folder on your tablet. You can now disconnect your Android tablet from your PC.
Install Apps You Have Just Copied to Your Android Tablet
What you need to do now is simply run the installation of the apps (or APK files) you copied to your device in the previous step. A file manager app will let you easily navigate through the folders and files on your Android device.
- Download and install some file manager if you don’t have one. I recommend installing a great free app called File Manager.
- File Manager will quickly organize the stuff on your device into easy-to-use categories like music, videos, images or apps.
- All I need to do now is click on Apps (it will show the number of APK files copied to my device).
- You will now go to the folder with APK files. Click on the app you want to install and confirm your choice.
- Decide if you want Google to regularly check device activity for security problems. If you are an advanced user and you know what you are doing, you can click DECLINE.
- You will see the notification saying that the app has been installed and you can now open it.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed apps on your Android tablet from your PC. Do you have any questions or problems?
Feel free to post me comments in the comment box below.