The Best Android Weight Loss Tracking Apps
Are you on a diet and want to control your weight more effectively? Do you want to get a big boost in motivation? If you do, then you should try some Android app for weight tracking. There are really lots of them, but only few are really good and worth recommending.
I have been on a diet for a few weeks and the first step I took was to choose the best app tracking weight loss so that I can be in full control of where my weight loss journey is going, how much I have yet to lose and what I’ve managed to accomplish so far. I wanted all of these data to be presented in an accessible and easy way.
Based on these criteria, I found four really interesting apps for weigh loss tracking for Android devices. Let me show you them!
WeightLoss Tracker – RecStyle
This is the Android weight tracking app I currently use and I like it very much. What I love about this app most is its simplicity and ease of use.
RecStyle does what it’s supposed to do: it helps you keep the track of your weight with a very nice, readable and colorful interface.
It offers a bunch of very useful features but their number is not overwhelming.
- Easily customizable (you have 5 colors to choose from)
- You can add, measure and control many different items crucial for weight loss (weight, body fat, BMI)
- Personalized profile where you enter your current and target weight (and body fat)
- Passcode lock
- Daily notifications
- Chart presenting your weight loss journey
Weight Loss Tracker, BMI (aktiBMI)
This is also one of the best Android apps for weight tracking. I have never used it before. I downloaded it just to test it for review and I also liked it very much.
Weight Loss Tracker, BMI is even simpler and more minimalistic than RecStyle. When you open it for the first time, you have to enter the details of your current profile and your target weight.
The app has a very nice and intuitive interface and offers only the essential weight loss tracking features.
- Very simple and nice user interface
- Professional BMI calculator and charts
- Body data tracker
- Graphical statistics of your weight loss progress
Monitor Your Weight
This is certainly one of the most popular (and award-winning) Android weight tracking apps.
This one, however, is a bit more advanced and its interface has less bells and whistles. Of course, I am not saying it’s worse, but it’s for a different type of users.
Upon opening the app for the first time, you have to enter a lot of your details. Once you do it, you will gain access to lots of useful data and statistics (something ideal for people with analytical minds).
- Possibility of tracking multiple profiles
- Automatic calculation of your ideal weight based on data you enter
- Calculation of daily calorie intake
- Average daily/weekly weight loss
- PIN lock
- Integration with some digital scales
This is yet another interesting Android weight tracking app I can recommend.
This is also a more advanced app which lets you measure and control a number of different metrics: not only your weight or BMI but also waist, hips and chest size to have even a better picture of how your weight loss journey is going.
Weight Control also offers a lot of different customizations and features.
- Possibility of adding various measurements (weight, waist, hips, chest)
- Different ways of presentation of your progress (chart, history log or statistic)
- A very detailed personal profile
- A variety of calculations (body fat, waist/height ratio, basal metabolic rate, daily rate of water)
- Easy backup and restore (to and from SD card)
So What's the Best Android Weight Tracking App?
This list is, of course, not final. I have selected the apps based on my personal criteria (ease of use and simplicity).
For me RecStyle is probably the best because it has no ads and not to many features (so I am not overwhelmed by them :D).
If you think that some weight loss tracking app is missing here, let me know! Feel free to use the comment box below. I would love to hear from you.