We have already talked multiple times about developer options in Android devices and I also showed you how to enable them in Android phones (and tablets).
Today it’s time to deal with the smallest and cutest of all Android devices, that is, Android Wear watches. In today’s short tutorial I will show you how to enable developer options in Android Wear so that you can really make the most of your watch. Ready to start? Great!
Developer options, as the name suggests, are intended for developers or, at least, very advanced users. Once you enable developer options in your device, you will get access to many interesting new features and options right away.
What’s even more, you will be able to activate ADB debugging and then do things like unlocking the bootloader or rooting your Android Wear watch, which means you will be able to do almost anything with your watch.
If you don’t know what developer options are and you don’t know what you want to use them for, don’t enable them.
That’s all for the precautions and introductory information. Let’s now delve a bit deeper.
Enabling developer options in Android Wear is very similar to how you do it on Android phones or tablets. Here is what you need to do step by step:
1. Go to Settings in your Android Wear watch.
2. Swipe down until you see About and click on it.
3. Click on Build number 7 times.
4. Your watch will notify you how many steps away from becoming a developer you are and once you become one. I did it too quickly and unfortunately didn’t manage to take a screenshot before becoming a developer.
5. From now on, in the settings of your Android Wear device there will be yet another item called Developer options.
6. Open Developer options to see some of the new features and options you have just got access to
Congratulations on becoming an Android Wear developer!
Here is the video with the above instructions:
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING? SEARCH THIS SITE!