How to Add Widgets on Android
One of the greatest things about Android are the tons of the features it offers together with lots of ways of customizing it to our needs. Adding widgets is one of such things.
Not only do widgets let us quickly access certain apps or features, but, above all, they facilitate our daily life a lot!
In today’s tutorial, I will show you how to add widgets on Android on the example of the three most popular Android phones (Samsung, HTC and Sony). Let's begin!
How Do I Add Widgets to My Android Phone?
Adding widgets on Android phones is extremely easy. The process looks quite similar on most of the devices. Let’s start from the phone I use on a daily basis.
How to Add Widgets on Sony
All you need to do to start adding widgets to the screen is a little of space! If you don’t have any free space, start from adding a new panel.
- Hold an empty space on any panel for a moment (it doesn’t matter if you don’t have any more space for widgets or icons, just hold any empty space). You will enter into the "edit mode" of home screen panels and will be able to move & remove icons and add new stuff.
- Swipe left or right to the last panel and click on "+" to add a new empty panel where you will place your widgets. Once the new panel has been added, go back by clicking the back button (arrow).
- Hold an empty space on the new empty screen and when a menu pops up (or you enter this "edit mode") and choose Widgets & Apps.
- You will now be able to view all the available widgets. To add any widget to the screen , just drag and drop it. Once you drop the widget, you will also be able to adjust its size. Once you finish adjusting the size of the widget, simply go back.
- If you ever want to move or remove the widget from the screen, simply drag and drop it. If you want to remove it entirely, drag it to the top of the screen.
That’s it! Now let’s try to add widgets on two remaining phones.
How to Add Widgets on HTC
All you need to do to start adding widgets to the screen of HTC is a little of space too! If you don’t have any free space, start from adding a new panel.
- If you have enough space on the home screen, you can skip this step and go directly to no. 3. Hold an empty space on any panel and when a menu pops up choose Manage home screen pages.
- Swipe to the right until you reach the last panel and see + PANEL sign. Click on it and the new panel will be added. Exit the menu by going back (use the go-back arrow on the bottom left).
- To start adding widgets to your HTC, hold an empty space on any panel and when a menu pops up choose Add apps and widgets.
- You will now enter a very user-friendly widget management menu. To add new widgets either drag and drop them to the desired place or simply tap on them (and they will automatically be added to any free space).
- If you don’t have enough space on panels while dragging and dropping a widget, you will also have the option of adding a new panel.
Once you finished adding new widgets, simply go back.
How to Add Widgets on Samsung
All you need to do to start adding widgets to the screen of Samsung is a little of space as well! If you don’t have any free space, start from adding a new panel.
- Hold an empty space on any panel for a moment and when the menu pops up choose Page under Add to home screen. Remember that in the case of Samsung you are limited to only 7 screen panels.
TIP: To be able to manage screens after adding 7 of them, just try to minimize the screen you are currently viewing (just like you would minimize a picture on the screen). To move or remove a panel, simply drag and drop it into the desired place,
- To start adding widgets, simply hold an empty space on the panel where you want to place the widget. When a menu pops up, choose Apps and widgets under Add to home screen.
- You will now be able to view all the available widgets.To add any widget, simply drag and drop it to the desired place and adjust its settings (if needed).
- Note that you can also access all the available widgets from the level of the app grid. All you need to do is switch to the Widgets tab and start adding widgets the way we just did above.
That’s all! Congratulations, you now know how to add widgets on Android.
If have any questions, feel free to leave me comments in the comment box below.